The Alumni Volunteer Corporation of Sigma Phi Epsilon - Oregon Alpha presents:
The 2022-2023 Sigma Phi Epsilon Graduate Scholarship
- Deadline for scholarship applications: June 30th, 2023, 5:00 PM PST. (No Exceptions)
- Refer to criteria below for eligibility requirements. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Type or print legibly. Illegible applications will not be accepted.
- All completed applications should be emailed to the following address: SigEpOAScholarships@Gmail.com You will be notified within 72 hours of submission of the application regarding the status of your application.
- If you have any questions about the application process, please contact Coleman Taylor Quinn. (503) 490 – 8765.
Purpose: The Sigma Phi Epsilon Graduate Scholarship’s mission is to help support and reward Oregon Alpha members who are continuing their educations at the Graduate and Doctoral level. These scholarships shall be to fund and otherwise encourage graduate study in any field of the applicant’s choosing while also continuing to lead a balanced life, leading in the classroom as well as in the community.
Award Components: This year, three  to five  scholarship recipients will be selected, each of whom will receive scholarships between $1000-$2000 rewarding brothers engaged in studies who are graduate members of Sigma Phi Epsilon Oregon Alpha.
- Applicant must be a registered student in a graduate program with at least one full semester remaining before graduation OR accepted and ready to begin your studies within six months.
- Applicant must have lived-in the house for at least one full term previously and must have graduated from Oregon Alpha in good standing with no outstanding balance due to either the local chapter and/or the national fraternity.
- Applicant must have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA to be eligible. If the Graduate / Doctoral program does not use cumulative GPA but rather a Pass / No Pass system that is acceptable as well. Please just attach your transcript to the best of your ability.
- If the applicant has yet to begin their Graduate / Doctoral program, the applicant must have graduated with at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA from Oregon State University and show proof of acceptance to said Graduate / Doctoral program.
Applicant must submit the following items:
- Completed Application (if handwritten, please print legibly).
- A copy of their most recent transcript with cumulative grade point average (screen shot is acceptable).
- All applicant submissions will be review by the selection committee. Due to the number of applications, the selection committee will select the top candidates to move on to the interview stage of the process.
- Applicants who move to the interview stage of the scholarship selection must agree to a virtual interview with the selection committee via Zoom. Interviews will be held on 07/15/2023 starting at 8:00AM PST.
- If an applicant is unable to attend their interview on 7/16/2022, exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please make every effort to make the 7/16/2022 date work for you.
- Any applicants who are late to their scheduled interview time will not be allowed to re-interview later that day.
Deadline for the application is Friday, June 3oth, 2023 @ 5:00PM PST. Applications postmarked after this date and time will not be considered.
Announcement of Scholarship Recipients: July 30th, 2023.